Monday 21 September 2009

Blue Marble Finished


Another couple of hours work on this, having refined it here and there, and I'm calling it finished. I put a layer of Lemon Yellow (Coloursoft) on the background to tone down that gaudy orange background and this is a pretty accurate scan of the original drawing.

It was fun trying to get the 'right' mix of colours on this, especially on this coloured paper. My aim was to produce a drawing of photo rather than an exact replica of a photo and so I have refrained from saturating it with solid colour. There are no more than four layers of colour in any one place. I like the nice fine points you can get with Prismacolor pencils - it really makes a difference with something like this. I'm really quite pleased with it - she said hesitantly!

6 comments:

Felicity Grace said...

It's really super, I've enjoyed watching this progress! I really love the shadow and the way the light has shone through it.

Janet Pantry said...

Thanks Felicity, much appreciated!

Carolina said...

Hi Janet,
I have found your blog after a few minutes on the Net, starting at K. Tyrrel's blog...
I like your work very much, it's wonderful! I'll include it on my blog.
Best regards,
Carolina

Janet Pantry said...

Thanks Carolina, I do appreciate that!

Pauline said...

I love this one Janet, so simple yet so effective and the addition of the lemon yellow makes an incredible difference.

Gillian Mowbray said...

You've worked this beautifully and it's refreshing to see that you've held back from total replication. I'm always in mixed minds about the need for that. LOL. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails