I did some more on this drawing today - very, very gingerly. I added some more colours to his face, Dark Flesh, Light Flesh, Ivory. Then some more colour in his hair, Dark Umber, Venetian Red, Dark Sepia, Ivory. Then some general tweaking with Bistre, Nougat and more Dark Sepia - we're talking incredible restraint here....like very tickly light strokes...not like me at all! I resisted a strong temptation to put some Black on it, just to get the darks darker....decided it would ruin the delicacy of the image and take me down the slippery slope I went down on that last portrait of Lauren.
The thing with portraits is that each stroke you put down matters a lot, especially on a little one like this......you can so easily get it wrong. Anyway, I'm going to leave it alone now, while I still like it!
N.B. Just noticed that the first WIP looks very pink compared to this one. It's hard sometimes to get it to look 'correct'. I think this one, ie. WIP 2, is much more accurate and faithful to the actual drawing.