8" x 10" on Burgundy Colourfix sanded paper, Derwent Coloursoft and Prismacolor Pencils.
Fancied doing a flower again, haven't done one for a while. I found this photo among a batch I took last summer - I drew another version called 'Purple Poppy' in July 2009, here's the blog link. This current one is on the same paper as the previous drawing although I thought the colour was Aubergine at the time, wrong - it's called Burgundy! I've just had a new consignment of Colourfix paper, I really like it better than any other sanded/tinted papers I've tried.
For the record, I'm using Loganberry, Cranberry, Deep Fuscia, Pink Lavender, Rose (Coloursoft) and Dahlia Purple, Tuscan Red, Magenta, Hot Pink, Jade (Prismacolor) so far. For the stem I've used Hooker's Green (Derwent Inktense), Dark Green and Celadon Green (Prismacolor). For the brightest highlights I always use a Chinese White Derwent Drawing pencil. I have yet to deploy one of the best colours in the Prismacolor range - Black Grape (what a star!) for the darkest areas on the flower.
I'm quite pleased with it so far. I'll carry on to finish covering the flower with the first layer of colours and then consider what the heck I'm going to do with the background - always a challenge!