Tuesday, 6 July 2010
Wild Poppy WIP 2
Another three hours work done on this today and it's just about finished. Of course, when it's uploaded to the computer screen I start to see lots of flaws in it and little niggly bits I want to change! I did the background with Greens from the Caran d'Ache Supracolor range - Light Green, Emerald Green, Dark Green and also Night Green (Lyra Rembrandt) which is the darkest green I have.
The background was done very roughly and randomly with cross-hatching. I find that if I do it too carefully it ends up looking overdone. On my laptop screen (not ideal) the greens are not as 'true' as they are in real life but I can't correct them without the photo software which is on my PC. Lordy knows what this drawing will look like on other screens! Ah well, I'll have a look at it tomorrow and do some tweaking if necessary, then I'll take a pic of it in the daylight and see if I can get a better scan of it. Having said all that, I'm quite happy with this one, all in all.