Tuesday 6 July 2010

Wild Poppy WIP 2




Another three hours work done on this today and it's just about finished.  Of course, when it's uploaded to the computer screen I start to see lots of flaws in it and little niggly bits I want to change!  I did the background with Greens from the Caran d'Ache Supracolor range - Light Green, Emerald Green, Dark Green and also Night Green (Lyra Rembrandt) which is the darkest green I have. 

The background was done very roughly and randomly with cross-hatching.  I find that if I do it too carefully it ends up looking overdone.  On my laptop screen (not ideal) the greens are not as 'true' as they are in real life but I can't correct them without the photo software which is on my PC.  Lordy knows what this drawing will look like on other screens!  Ah well, I'll have a look at it tomorrow and do some tweaking if necessary, then I'll take a pic of it in the daylight and see if I can get a better scan of it.  Having said all that, I'm quite happy with this one, all in all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Janet. Love the subtle BG ...The poppy really pops.

It is so delicate and the colors are awesome.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Its gorgeous. The colours and lighting work beautifully.

Janet Pantry said...

Thank you Dors and Jeanette, I really appreciate your comments - they keep me motivated.

I forgot to mention that, on the background, I used a stiff bristle brush to smooth out some of pigment but leaving one or two areas as pure pencil stroke - just to give it more interest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails